#PCOS #PCOSAwarenessMonth #Compassion #Kindness #Love #WeAreMore

A few weeks ago, I was on my way home from work. It was late at night and I was super tired. But anyways, the door opened and in came a woman and sat beside me. At first I didn't notice her because I really don't focus on who goes in and out of the train. I was listening to music and my mind was just in another universe. But I looked up and I see one of the guys sitting in front of me. Something seems to be amusing him, he was trying to get the attention of his friend but his friend shrugged it off. Then he turned to his girlfriend and she made it obvious that they were laughing at the lady sitting beside me. But why? I turned to see her and I noticed that she had a skin condition and it seemed serious, on top of that she was growing thick facial hair. And maybe to him this was simply hilarious but to me, someone who is partially on her same boat, it hurt. He wasn't making fun of me, but he was making fun of someone who had a condition with no cure. PCOS has no cure and one of the most difficult  symptoms to deal with is hirsutism (abnormal growth of hair on a person's face or body). This we see it commonly on woman and sadly it's linked strongly to PCOS. But my point is, what I want people to understand is that we shouldn't go around making fun of other people. Put yourself in other people's shoes. The media is already pushing us down, we don't need to go on the train and get kicked down even harder. Everyday we turn on the television or we go outside and see millions of pictures of perfect hairless women who are not struggling with body weight or male hormones level being high in their bodies. And we don't feel beautiful and we don't feel "feminine" and it's already hard for us. PLEASE! Learn to be kind and learn to be nice. Most importantly be compassionate because if you were her, if you were in her shoes...you would want someone to be compassionate and kind to you.

"Don't do to others, what you don't want others to do to you."

Simple.

Comments

Popular Posts