Movie: "Under the Tuscan Sun"

Today I watched "Under The Tuscan Sun" based on a book, this movie brings to life the character of Frances Mayes, a writer suffering from depression after her husband cheats on her. Her friend pushes her to take a trip to Italy, she buys a home there and begins a new life.  I really liked this movie for four reasons.

(1) Her husband doesn't ask for forgiveness or comes crawling back to her:
 In life sometimes people are assholes to you and they don't apologize. They go on living as if they didn't hurt you and it's the reality. And she had to deal with that and move on and work through her feelings. That was realistic and I think quite important because after all the movie is about her journey and development.

(2) I enjoyed her process of starting over and taking risks:
 Her healing process is one to envy. Frances moves to a new country, meets the good people, find hobbies to keep her mind busy and even has a romance with a total sexy stranger. What is better than that? In my personal experience, those are key elements to moving on from anyone or anything.

(3) Frances doesn't end up with Marcello.:
 As handsome as Marcello was, I was glad she didn't end up with him because he wasn't as grounded as she was. I felt he was a great romance but not the person she needed. He quickly gives up on her after two attempts to see her. I think after such a difficult divorce, Ed a soft-spoken writer was the right choice for her.

(4) She finds love! I wish I would've seen more of her and Ed but it's good enough that I'm happy. If you know me, you know I love my happy endings.


Comments

Popular Posts