Excerpt

"Look how much things have changed. We are not the same anymore, nothing is going to be the same anymore. Don't you understand? We have to let go." Her back was once turned to him when they had this conversation; probably because she wasn't sure. The words were coming out of her mouth but it wasn't what she really wanted. She wanted him to fight for her. Maybe tell her that it was a mistake for them to let go. But he didn't say anything then.

"We had this conversation before."

"Exactly, nothing changed. I can't do it anymore.There are a lot of people getting hurt because of us. Most importantly, I'm getting hurt and...I don't want to hurt anymore. I'm going to walk away." She stood up to go and he grabbed my arm.

"Is this really what you want?" He asked. "Is it?"

She nodded her head. "Yes."

"If you are sure then." He said before letting go of her arm.

As she walked away, he smiled to himself.

"You know, I never thought you would stand up for yourself." He said, a smile still present.

She didn't stop walking.

"I always thought I would have to deal with you for the rest of my life."

She chuckled. "There it is, the real you. It took me a little long but...I see it."

"Do you think people are going to believe you?"

"They already do." She said before disappearing into the darkness.

Comments

Popular Posts