I am Reading Again!

Anyone that knows me, knows I'm a lazy reader. It takes me forever to read a book. The only book I read in one day was "Everything, Everything" by Nicola Yoon. Coincidentally, I am reading "The Sun is Also A Star" by her. I really like her writing. I get so into it and the chapters are not long. It really gives me anxiety when I see long chapters. But getting back to my original point, I found Audible by Amazon. I realized that I enjoy listening to books. I can't listen to a book without having a hard copy on my hands though. I suffer from an active imagination. If I just let the book play, I start thinking about my day and what I have to do tomorrow and that I need to buy Chobani yogurts.  So, I buy the hard copy and every month I get a free credit, I buy the audio and I just finished "Born A Crime". But "Born A Crime" was a plus because Trevor Noah reads the book himself, isn't that awesome?

I love it! Every night before going to bed, I grab my book and my phone. I follow along with the book as I listen to the words. If I find myself reading ahead, I adjust the speed. That is also a plus! I can adjust the speed of the reader to the speed in which I read. My eyes just follow along and my mind begins that reading movie. I see everything in the book become a movie in my mind. That's the best feeling. That's when I know I am completely invested in my reading. I'm gone, I am no longer wrapped in my blanket in my room. I am in New York City walking with Daniel and Natasha. I was in South Africa with Trevor Noah and his amazing mother. That is why I love the book "Holes" because I was with Stanley in Camp Green Lake. I remember I was in class and I was reading and the teacher was calling my name. I couldn't hear her, I was in that hot desert experiencing the pain of digging holes for no reason. Did I say that I love it? I love that feeling. I love it! 

I am seriously enjoying reading. It's so weird because I feel like I just started reading. But after college, I was pretty much done with reading. I was tired of reading books and articles.  I took a long break from reading consistently. I read a book here and there but not like now. This week, I have started reading every night. I get excited by 9 because at 9:30 I will be in bed with my book. I like this feeling of wanting to read. I really do.

Comments

Popular Posts