Empower Yourself #Healing

 "The fact that you and only you can fix it. It's understanding and accepting that you have always had the power deep inside of you, but because of your thoughts, you have never empowered yourself enough to feel like you have the power."

-Sylvester McNutt

I started reading a book in December called Care Package: A Path to Deep Healing. This book written by Sylvester McNutt is the first step I took towards working on healing. I am not working towards just any time of healing, I am working on trauma that comes from deep inside of my heart; sexual assult, betrayal, self-hate, humiliation, and abandonment. Sadly, these are components that affected the way I built relationships over the years with people that cared for me. They caused me to lose myself and finally to completely fall apart. 

"The first step toward healing from pain is to become completely aware of how you choose to associate with pain."

-Sylvester McNutt

So, where do I begin? I begin now and I begin by sitting down on my bed and thinking. It's impossible to be in pain and not think about it. What's hurting me? That's where I started. I allowed my mind to just flow and think about anything. Of course, it went straight to pain. I grabbed my journal and I wrote. I wrote and cried from the pain.

"Healing is a choice."

-Sylvester McNutt

I choose to heal.

Comments

Popular Posts