The Library Books Part Two

See, not only did the woman have the same name as I did, but she also ordered the exact same books as I did in the same time period. So, now I'm thinking about the theater ticket, could this just be a coincidence?

Here is the story...

Peter, Manuel and I decided to go see a play as a cultural event for the class we were taking Saturday mornings. El Repertorio EspaƱol had "Amor en los tiempo de colera" a play by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Initially I was trying to buy all the tickets one charge to my card and Peter and Manuel would give me the money later on. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough. We all agreed to simply buy it individually.

We were supposed to sit in the balcony; it's cheaper and you get a better view. After all the theater is pretty small, it doesn't matter where you sit you still have a good view. But let's get to the point. So, I arrived there earlier to pick up my ticket. I accidentally said I bought 3 tickets and then corrected myself. "Well, I have two tickets for you." The guy behind the window said. "One is front row, the other is in the balcony." I explained to him that I came with a couple of friends to see the play. We were sitting in the balcony and that at no time did I purchased a ticket front row. It was twice the cost of mine.

"Well we have a ticket front row under your name. And we happen to have two empty seats next to that one, would you like to sit in the front instead?" What was I supposed to say, no? I immediately checked my bank account and my e-mail and not even by accident had I purchased any tickets. This simply made no sense to me.

We sat in the front and we enjoyed the play very much. But even today I'm still wondering how in the period of a month I had those two odd encounters.

It was just very strange.

Comments

Popular Posts