Collecting Childhood Books

For a while now I have been thinking of all the books I read as a child and how much I love reading. Now that I'm surrounded by so many children in my life, I want them to have the opportunity to read these books as well. This last weekend I went to Barnes and Nobles which happens to be one of my favorite stores ever! I quickly walked to the back of the store to the children literature. I asked CJ and JC to pick a few books they wanted me to buy them. I was disappointed when they reached for the Pokemon and Minecraft  (not that I have anything against it) I just wanted them to reach out to other books. I ended up buying for myself "Silvestre y la piedrecita magica" by William Steig & "Frog in Love" by Max Velthuijs.  While the twins criticized me for not buying them anything (wrong of me) because I din't like their choice (I'm a Capricorn lol), I ended up reading the two books to them while we waited to enter Olive Garden. Then they asked my sister to read them the books while waiting to enter the movie theater. The point is they ended up loving the books and wanted to return to Barnes and Nobles. At the end of the day I realized that sometimes kids need a little push. Like me, the twins tend to sometimes judge the book by it's cover. But there are a lot of amazing things inside these books once you get pass the cover as we realized that weekend.




Comments

Popular Posts