My Dolls

I didn't have a good childhood. As a child I found myself facing difficult situations that no child should be exposed to. But I've grown to accept it, I've learned from them and I have left them where they belong...in the past.
But today while I was packing I came upon a bag of dolls that I still have because I'm emotionally attached to them some how.  They are just a couple of the many barbies I used to have and lost over the years.
Attached to these dolls are not only wonderful childhood moments but also painful memories and tears.
I'm starting a new journey in my life and I feel it's time to pass them on to someone else. I hope that Nathali will love them and enjoy them as much as I did.
See, these dolls were my escape. Whenever I didn't like a situation or I just wanted to escape my reality, I turned to them. 
I used to make them clothes because I didn't really have a lot myself. Most of my clothes I had used to be my sister's clothes and once she outgrew them, they were mine.
I used to pretend I met all the celebrities I liked and made them part of my life. Sadly, I didn't get to meet any of them and I'm hoping I'll get the chance to in the future.
This was better than any TV or video game. Before I knew I could write my own stories, I used to act them out with my dolls. It's a part of childhood I wish for children, to use their imagination to create wonderful ideas.
But most importantly I used to be happy. I had really great moments with my sister and my cousin playing dolls and I will carry those memories with me forever.
 

Comments

Popular Posts