Excerpt: My Broken Boy

We grew up way too fast
And now there's nothing to believe
And reruns all become our history
A tired song keeps playing on a tired radio
And I won't tell no one your name
And I won't tell 'em your name
I won't tell em' your name
Oooh, oooh, oooh
I won't tell em' your name
Ow!

“Sadly Ally, life isn’t fair and we don’t get to have the things that we want.”
“Maybe not now Theo, but you will see in the future that things are going to work out for you. I’m going to do whatever it takes to make sure that things change. You are a good person and you deserve better.”

I think about you all the time
But I don't need the same
It's lonely where you are
Come back down
And I won't tell 'em your name

“Whatever happens, I want to promise you that I will never forget you, we’ll always be friends.”
“Don’t talk like that, okay?”
“Ally, promise you’ll never forget me.”
“I promise.” I said as I took the CD player from his hand. “I want to dedicate the next song to you, to me..to us.”

And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't wanna go home right now

“Why this song?” He asked.
“Is the one that reminds me the most of you, specially the chorus. And we are so different when we are alone. We are in sync we are so connected. When we go to school even though we spend time together, we sort of keep our relationship a secret.”
“I just don’t want anything to happen to you.”

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
When sooner or later it's over
I just don't wanna miss you tonight

Comments

Popular Posts