Random Thought

I think that every time a new year is around the corner we kind of sit down and look back at everything that happened. For some of us the memories are not pretty for others the memories are beautiful moments that they want to relive.

For me this year was about changes. Not only did I move to a new home, I moved to a new state. I'm surrounded by a new atmosphere and new people. I ended a very bad job and started in a job that is on the right path towards my goal of becoming an educator. But my year wasn't just about change, it was also about family and a deeper respect, love and appreciation for my parents in particular. As they get older, I love them more and I miss them more. I spend hours thinking about them and how wonderful it is to have them in my life.

My family may be filled with people that are unable to express their emotions but they are also the kind of people that love you and show you with actions. Now, I definitely appreciate that a lot more than people expressing that they love you but acting as if they don't.

My list of friends is not long, there is no need to have 300 friends when all you really need are a few good ones. Now in that department I'm absolutely blessed. I have really good friends and the right kind of friends.  They are my second family and a huge part of who I am.

There are a lot of projects I have created for myself for the new year (less than 2 weeks away). I'm going to take the good and the bad of this year and use it as a motivation to continue growing. 

If your year wasn't beautiful, please don't give up. Find your blessings and let those blessing motivate you and be your reason to want better and want to be better.


Comments

Popular Posts