Little Moments

Episode 2




Having a dog is hard work so imagine what it's like to have two.
It just happens that September of 2014, I was home with two dogs and they were driving me absolutely crazy. I had two puppies running around growling since 5 Am and chewing everything they saw in sight (particularly the boy).
And so, John comes downstairs and he told me a story about cheese. 
I keep that block of cheese in the freezer and it lasts me a long time. Now, Albert brings me another block of cheese and now I have two blocks of cheese/
Oh, how much we laughed!
I felt overwhelmed with two dogs and he was overwhelmed about two blocks of cheese. See, he didn't like throwing away food and the block of cheese Albert had bought for him would soon expire. What to do with so much cheese?
I had a magnificent idea!
We loved lasagna and as a matter of fact t was John's favorite food. John worked on the cheese and I worked on the beef and later that night a delicious lasagna was ready in the oven. I invited a few friends over and we had a great meal.

Now that John is gone, I look back and I think about little moments like this. It really meant a lot to have him around. This dinner was on September 11 just a few days before he past away. 

Comments

Popular Posts