Excerpt: No Title

 Looking for ideas for the new novel I will be writing in November.


"I love you." I said as she walked down the path towards the ocean. I thought she would turn around with a smile on her face and tell me that she loved me to. But Alexandra's face had no expression. Her eyes were filled with sadness and pain and that hurt. I had played a huge part in that pain.
"Love?" She asked. "I've been sitting on the moon for three years alone watching as everyone moved on with their lives...including you. Today is the first day that I actually get to have a conversation with someone in three years, I don't even know what it's like to feel love after all the pain I have been through. I gave you my heart and when I needed you the most, you left me."
"I..."
"Please, I just need you to understand something; Everything has changed, our lives are never going to be the same. Look at me, look what I have become. How can you tell someone that isn't even human that you love them? This isn't a television show or a book. This is real life and in real life, you and I can't be together."
"Khalid loved you and if you had ever given him a chance, do you think he would've said no to your love?"
She smiled. "It's different."
"Why is it different for him but not for me?"
"Khalid is out of this world."She mumbled in her deep thinking.
Sighed.
"Alex..." I took a step closer to her.
"I must go." She said before disappearing into thin air.

Comments

Popular Posts