Roadtrip: Atlanta Georgia #PCOS #PCOSWALK

September is PCOS Awareness Month

This year I thought I would do something different for PCOS. I didn't want to just post pictures and write an entry about how PCOS affects me everyday of my life.  And so with the help of my friend Manny and my sister Idalmi, we drove seven hours to Atlanta Georgia and attended the PCOS 5K walk on Sunday.

The trip itself was an adventure. My sister and I with the bickering back and forth and Manuel just laughing at us. He already know how we are and he doesn't even take it seriously. That's why together us three made an awesome team. Manny kept us in check, Idalmi found a great place to eat and I made sure he had a hotel booked to sleep (plus we drove in my car).

Music kept us going, we mostly listened to Twenty One Pilots and I'll be posting a song from them after this post. But moving it on we had 7 hours in the road to talk, laugh and enjoy the scenery.

We visited an authentic Soul Food restaurant in Georgia called Mary Mac's Tea Room. If you have not been there before, I totally recommended. The food is home made and it's absolutely delicious. I didn't eat the bones of the chicken because I didn't think it would be appropriate in a restaurant.

The PCOS walk was great! 

It was wonderful to see women of different race, age, ethnicity and weight. We are truly a random 1 in 10 bunch and it was great to see us all there walking for the same cause. It was a great experience and I'm glad that I was able to live that. I really want to thank Manuel and Idalmi for their support. They have seen me struggle and they keep me strong with their love and their willingness to put up with my craziness. I may not say it often but I do appreciate you guys. 

Until next time!

Canada in the Spring?

Comments

Popular Posts