Things We Leave Behind 5

Let me tell you about Isha. Isha was a popular merengue singer for children in the 90's.  Oh, I just loved her cassette. It was upbeat music with lyrics that taught children to have fun, stay in school and respect their parents.



(You can google Isha "Salta" or Isha "Sisisi nonono") to listen to her music.)

I remember how amazing it was to see her in concert! I wish I had pictures and videos but unfortunately, I don't. All I have are my memories.


When I listened to Isha,  all my friends would gather and we would dance and sing. It was beautiful to be a child in the 90's. Everyone would play outside til it was time for dinner. We listened to music and dance. We didn't have a care in the world, we just wanted to play and laugh.

I didn't remember Isha for a very long time. Then one day, I searched her up and found her song. I swear I closed my eyes and I was five again.  See, everyone that used to dance those songs with me is all grown up. They are different people and we have nothing in common. We have even grown apart. But back then, Isha brought us together and we didn't think about anything else. We just listened to her and we danced.

And those are memories I'll always carry with me.

Comments

Popular Posts