Random Thought

National Novel Writing Month has been wow! I have four days left to finish my 50,000 words. I'm sitting right now at 33,000. I have no doubt I will finish. But I realized this time around that maybe having a break down of the chapters isn't working for me. I find that it kind of holds me back. I started breaking down my chapters because I would sometimes forget certain details or names of characters but I'm not writing as freely anymore. I feel like I can't expand on what's already written for some odd reason. I think is better if I just sit down with a blank page and write whatever comes to my mind. I have been doing this for the last few days and I feel a lot more comfortable in my writing.
This NANO year has been good for me.  I have learned about myself as a writer and I'm not feeling discouraged anymore. I think after I lost John I lost motivation because he was always pushing me forward. But I've found within me all the motivation that I need to continue to write. I'm excited about what's to come.

Comments

Popular Posts