Beautiful

"Beautiful"

And even though I write this poem, tomorrow I'll wake up and feel un-pretty because the mirror is going to tell me I'm not beautiful according to the standards of society.


Beautiful, I am beautiful
I don't always feel beautiful, but a part of me knows that I am.
I am beautiful indeed.
Brown chocolate eyes; the portal to my soul.
You can see right to my heart.
I'm beautiful with with my make up and without it too.
I'm beautiful in pajamas and with party clothes too.
My hair curly or straight, beautiful either way.

I'm beautiful because I forgive you even though you hurt me.
I am beautiful because I can love, I'm compassionate and I can see the beauty in others.
I am beautiful because I'm me and I don't try to be someone that I'm not.
I am beautiful because I don't envy anyone for what they have.
I am beautiful because I work hard and take care of my family.
I am beautiful because of everything that I am and everything I have experience and how much I've learned from life.
I am beautiful because God made me that way and it's far beyond my face and it's far beyond my skin. It's deep in my soul.
I am beautiful simply because I am.


Comments

Popular Posts