PCOS Awareness Month

I was diagnosed with Polycystic ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) when I was about 17 in high school. I was going through a very difficult time adjusting to my body. It took me years to finally accept myself and understand how I can have PCOS and still be a "normal" woman. Having PCOS makes it very difficult to feel normal at all because we struggle with symptoms that are challenging; dealing with weight gain, excess body hair, depression, and infertility are among the reasons why it's a struggle. The key to PCOS however, it's recognizing that there is no cure. You must keep a positive attitude, remember that you are not alone (PCOS is much more common than people think) and making sure that PCOS doesn't take over your life. Don't let the weight gain or excess body hair make you feel any less of a woman or any less prettier. It takes time to work through those feelings because every time we turn on the television or see an ad, what do we see?  A "perfect" skinny and hairless woman! So, we need to be more conscience. September is PCOS Awareness Month! I just want to remind all the ladies (including myself) that having PCOS is not the end of the world! We are not alone! And we are beautiful! Let's start feeling comfortable in our bodies and accepting that we aren't perfect and it's okay! We might not look like the models on TV, but we are beautiful!





Comments

Popular Posts