Excerpt:

“The best time to write a book is when you are feeling like shit. It’s the only time you are willing to kill the fucked up characters and have the good ones make real decisions in their lives.”  
~ Safia Moon


"Is going to be alright."  Diana put her hand on my shoulder and smiled. I simply sigh. There was so much going on in my head, I couldn't quite think straight. "Don't let him take your smile away."
"So you're leaving?" I asked, completely changing the topic. "I don't know what I'm going to do without you. What's wrong with college here?"
"Nothing but Sean is waiting for me. I promised him that I would transfer upstate so we could be together." Diana explained. I understood, Sean and Diana had been together for three years and were serious about each other. Unlike Jake and I, they had respect and love for each other.
"You want me to take you to the airport?" I offered, knowing very well Diana would refuse because she hated saying goodbye.
She looked at me and smiled.
"No, but you can pick me up."


Comments

Popular Posts