2013

If I had to explain this year in one quote, it would be: "After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are more hills to climb." -Nelson Mandela. We lost Nelson Mandela this year, great loss; but he left behind a lot of powerful memories and wisdom. I choose this quote because I learned a great lesson, See, this year I completed one of my biggest goals and I found myself wondering, now what? Only to figure out that there are more goals to complete, more hills to climb. You find yourself at the top and once again you slide back to the bottom and begin climbing again.

I don't want to say goodbye to 2013 without recognizing that I've had big changes in my life and how lucky I have been this year as I continue to grow and continue to learn new things about myself and about life. At 23, I'm still trying to find the place where I truly belong. I'm learning how valuable the little things in life are and how significant it is to surround myself with the right people. After all they are part of who I am.

So, as we  say goodbye to 2013,
 I say "hello" to the new friends I made this year.
"Goodbye" to those who left.
"Thank you", to those that continue for years to be part of my life.
"Goodbye and see you soon" to those who left to meet our maker.
and "welcome to this complicated world" to those born this year.
Thank you for the good and the bad.
Thank you for the smile and the tears.
Thank you for the lessons learned
and the mistakes done.

Thank you for reading this.

Happy New Year 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Comments

Popular Posts