Excerpt: Office Business

This excerpt came from another book . It's nothing I'm planning to complete, just wanted to write for the heck of it.

Chapter One
“Good morning.” I was sitting behind my desk talking to a very important investor. But when Chris Parker walked in my office I had to drop everything and fall to his knees, in his dreams anyways.
I ignored him. “Well Mr. Johnson, I’m sure we can come up with an arrangement. Mr. Parker would love to meet with you this weekend. He already offered to pay for the hotel of your choice. He is in the mood for business, how can you say no to such offer?”
“How can you say no to that kind of offer Alexandra, I can call you Alexandra, right?”
“Oh, absolutely Mr. Johnson! You should see me right now. I’m blushing.” I rolled my eyes and Chris chuckled. It was my job to make sure the clients wanted to do business. If I had to lie and tell an 87 year old man he made me blush, I didn’t think about it twice. Of course, He had to come to New York and do business. The great part about all this…well…I didn’t have to meet them. Well, not all the time anyways.
After crossing a few more lines with the client, a meeting was set. “What do you want Chris?”
He closed the door and smiled. “How about my morning kiss? You rushed out this morning. I didn’t get to kiss you.”
“Chris…” I shook my head vigorously. “Had I stayed, you would’ve gotten a very bad idea about our relationship. There is nothing going on. We had too much to drink last night and that’s it. May I remind you who you are really sleeping with? I mean-”
“Shut up.” He was suddenly so serious. “I bought you breakfast.”
He placed a fancy container on my desk. He had gone to one of the most expensive restaurants to pick up breakfast for a one night stand.
“That’s-”
“It’s too serious for you? You want me to play with your feelings?” He was annoyed. He hated how much I complained when a guy didn’t treat me right. Yet here I was complaining because he has. He shook his head and walked out of the office.
 I opened the container to find three chocolate chip pancakes and scrambled eggs. I could hear him screaming in a distant. Oh, oh, did I piss him off?
Liz walked in. She was Chris’ secretary. “Well thank you bitch.” She said aggravated before sitting across from me. “Chris is being a real asshole today and all thanks to you. So while you enjoy the magnificent breakfast that he bought for you, why don’t I just have a hell of a morning?”

Comments

Popular Posts