Random Thought

Yesterday I had the opportunity to reunite many of my friends and family in a small gathering in Manhattan. I was sitting at the head of the table. What they saw was maybe a bunch of random people some that couldn't speak English. I on the other hand saw little parts of me that have stuck with me throughout the years. Each of them knew a part of me and lived in a time in my life that was different. It went from the first person who held me in her arms, my mother, to the most recent person I was introduced to, a friend of a friend. Yes, there were people missing to complete the puzzle.  But somehow seeing those that attended and hearing them say these wonderful things about me made me realize that I have so many wonderful people in my life. They see things in me that I don't see in myself. And how important it is to be surrounded by good people that push you to be better every day. I think for some time I missed that and I found myself lost. I didn't realize though that it was my fault for surrounding myself with the wrong people and pushing the good aside. But after tonight I think I've done a good job at making up for it.

Thank you really for everything last night. It's moments like this that make me feel alive.



Comments

Popular Posts