A Book Review

I left a book review in Amazon for a book I bought. You know, Amazon encourages us to leave a review. But unless the merchandise was really bad, I just write something simple like: "Shipped quickly, great book." I put absolutely not thought into it.  I read reviews if I'm buying something and I've noticed in books they really go into details. But to be quite honest, I think writing a book review it's sort of pointless. If I like the book, I don't care what you think. I like the book and I'm going to read it. I like to make my own conclusions at the end of the day and I do the same things with movies as well. There are plenty of movies that have low ratings but I actually like. But going back to my original point, this morning I received an e-mail from amazon and someone wrote under my comment: "Well I'm sure Amazon likes your review, but this is supposed to be a book review." So, I being a smart ass, responded by saying: "Oh well Mark, I thought I could write whatever I wanted since well you know it's my review." Which is totally true! I can write whatever I want! It's not like Mark paid for my book, right? But, I didn't want to be entirely rude, so, I told him the two things I didn't like about the book and said I still recommend it. And even added a " :)" at the end.

This whole thing just made me laughed. And I'm definitely not reviewing books anymore!

Comments

Popular Posts