Excerpt: Grayish 2

Just thought I should take a new whole bunch of characters and write another one of these! 


The Story begins in New York City. It was December 23rd and people were running back and forth buying gifts in 34th street. A couple of them stopped for a brief second to look at the displays and take pictures. In the middle of the crowd walked Rafael Ferrer. He had been rushing almost out of breath trying to catch up to his friend Ashley. Well, she was his friend for now. On Christmas night he was going to ask her to be his girlfriend. They had been working in the same office for three years and he was absolutely in love.
Okay. I'll call you back I'm busy right now.” She closed the phone shut and sighed.
Is everything okay?” Rafael asked as he fought through the crowd.
Why don't you walk a little faster? I have things to do.” She said right before stopping dead in her tracks. Something in the display window caught her eyes. “Look at this.”
Rafael stood behind her. When he noticed what she was looking at, his glasses almost fell off.
“Look at the price.”
“Who cares about the price?” Ashley asked completely annoyed with Rafael. “It's about the quality. It's a diamond necklace of course it's going to cost 900 dollars. I would marry the man that could afford this for me.”
“You would?” Rafael asked.
“Yes.” Ashley said before turning around. “I would marry him and more.”
Ashley looked deep into his eyes. It was obvious that she wanted Rafael to buy her the necklace.
Just for buying you a necklace? You would marry him?” Rafael asked.
Ugh!” She said angrily. “You simply can't ever agree with me on anything or see my side of the story! Why do you want to be my friend? You can't even support me for anything.”
I'm...oh I'm so sorry.” He put the bags on the floor to give her a hug. He completely forgot they were in the middle of 34th street. Someone kicked one of the bags away.
Shit!”

Comments

Popular Posts