Excerpt: Alexandra Hamilton Writes As Safia Moon


This was supposed to be the beginning of a small series. I began drafting the second part and that's where it is right now. Just wanted to share the beginning. This is where it all began!

“The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say.”  -Anaïs Nin



Chapter One: “Nothing is easy in this world…just never give up.”

“The story was marvelous Alexandra; I have to say I’m quite inspired.”
“Oh come on Tyler you don’t mean that.”
“I absolutely do Alex and I already asked Mr. Ronald to publish one of your stories. I want to see if other people can connect to the stories in the level that I have. It may sound silly to you but I think they’re wonderful. You have a gift.”
“I write these stories to express myself not because I think I have any kind of “gift” if you know what I mean. But sure as long as nobody knows who I am I don’t mind publishing some of them.”
“You don’t want the readers to know who you are. Even better! I’ll be exciting!”
“I want my name to be Safia Moon
Safia according to a website I searched on Google means pure in Arabic but I’m not exactly sure. I just really like the sound of the word and the excitement of expressing myself under a fake identity. I’ll make it easier for me to write everything without withholding any emotions or feelings.
“Okay so I’ll see you tomorrow Alex and don’t forget to give Alejandra the candy, ok? Good night!” Tyler was the sweetest guy in the office maybe that’s why most people thought he was gay or something. But what they didn’t know was that Tyler was actually married to the owner of the company. But of course I knew that because I had gone to college with Tyler and he was my best friend. Well anyways I worked in a Publishing Company doing paper work. I was usually making copies, taking phone calls, and I had to make sure I organized everything for my boss. She completely depended on me for everything. The point is that I did more work than her but got pay less.

Comments

Popular Posts