Excerpt: "Bestfriend"

I found this old excerpt in my sister's computer. The story is title "Bestfriend" but I sincerely can't remember how this one was going to go.


Alexandra took a seat beside Sander. There was something obviously bothering him tonight. “Do you want to talk about it?” Why did she bother asking him? He never opened up to her about anything. Even though they were married for three years, he didn’t trust her.
He sighed. “No.”
Alexandra noticed their son Lucas in the distance talking to her father Frederick.  He wasn’t necessarily the fatherly type. Frederick was all about work but tonight he wanted to spend time with his grandson. “Well…I’ll be with Lucas.”
“Do you love me?” Sander asked suddenly. Alexandra stopped and thought about it for just a second.  Did she love Sander? She never thought about it.
“Yeah…” She turned around to face him. “Why?”
“I heard what your father said to you tonight. You didn’t say anything back and I was wondering if you agreed with him.”
“Sometimes my dad says things that I don’t understand. I just brush them off.”
Sander stood up from the bench and walked over to his wife.
“So you don’t think I’m not good enough for you?” He looked to see Alexandra’s reaction to his question but her face was blank.

“Why would I be here if I thought you weren’t good enough for me?”

Comments

Popular Posts