Excerpt: The Threat Original Draft


Another excerpt from "The Threat" the first version of it anyways.


Timothy came running and dragged us inside the house locking the doors and windows behind us.
“Nobody can be outside tonight, not one single person.”
“But…”I swallowed hard. “All those people hanging from the trees…”
“We don’t know what happened.” He said. “They were there this morning when we woke up. We think it’s happening again. They are trying to get rid of us.”
“What are we going to do?” Ally-Lyn asked.
“We need to warn the king what’s going on. Even if we are outcasts we are still his people. He has intervene to save us before, I’m sure he can do it again.”
“Why would he protect us?” I asked. “He is the reason why we are here.”
“No, that priest is.” Ally-Lyn corrected. “Now that I’m working in another town I find out a lot of information. I’m reading a few books that explain the law we follow. It makes no sense.”
“I am reading up on it too.” Timothy smiled at her. For a moment there was a small spark between them and I didn’t like it one bit.
“Anyways, what are we going to do?” I asked to quickly interrupt the moment.
“Ally, how long can you stay underwater without breathing?”
“What!?” Ally was shocked. “I...I don’t know. Dad told me not to tell anyone about that, who told you?” Ally looked at me and shook her head.”Not for nothing Timothy but… nobody is supposed to know. If they find out I’m a freak…”
“A freak?” I asked. “That’s what you think mom was?”
“Girls please, nobody else would help. How many more people are going to die before we do something?”

We had gone to the beach for the first time when Ally-Lyn discovered her ability. She had gone way too deep and let go of my hand. I couldn’t find her anywhere. I freak and ran out to tell my parents. My dad immediately jumped in and…

“Dad was a good swimmer.” I randomly said.

He found Ally-Lyn happily swimming underwater like it was normal.

“I know.” Ally-Lyn Sighed. “ He drowned after being missing for a week?”

Comments

Popular Posts